Thomas-Wilhite Memorial Library
Operations during COVID-19
- Walk-up window service is available to anyone who prefers not to enter the building.
- Masks will be worn by librarians working the front counter, or anytime out in the stacks.
- Everyone entering the building is encouraged to wear a mask and sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the facility.
- Family groups are asked to remain together and children cannot be left unattended for any amount of time.
- Two study desk are available for 1 hour use.
- Patrons are asked to keep library visits to 15 minutes or less for browsing.
- Visitors are asked to maintain 6ft of distance between other parties.
- Public computer use is limited to 1 hour sessions, one person per computer.
- All lounge seating and children’s toys have been removed or will be restricted.
- The drinking fountain is not available.
- The Genealogy Room is not available to the public. Staff will provide research assistance.
- Staff will operate the copier.
- All returned items are quarantined for 7 days before being handled for check in and cleaning.
- Patrons will scan their own library materials with a hands free barcode scanner. A checkout receipt will be provided in lieu of librarians stamping books.
The Perkins Public Library provides materials, information, technology and opportunities to enrich, empower, educate and entertain people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Perkins Public Library is a vibrant institution that enriches life in the community by providing books and other materials for recreation and self-education, free access to technology, and educational programs that enable people to come together, share ideas and pursue lifelong learning.
Located on the southeast corner of the library, there is a drive-up drop box that is available for returns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Search our Catalog:
If you can’t find an item in our catalog ask us about borrowing via Interlibrary Loan!
eBooks and downloadable audio books with Libby by Overdrive
LIBRARY GALA POSTPONED UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE
Join us for the inaugural Friends of the Library Fundraising Gala & Silent Auction. This formal, 1920’s themed event includes a plated dinner, dessert, music and dancing at Meditations in Stillwater. All proceeds support the renovation of the future library building at 219 S. Main St.