The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager with approval of the City Commission.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk and staff:
- Scheduling meetings of all the City boards and commissions
- Scheduling official holidays for all City offices
- Filing and maintaining documents related to municipal elections
- Administering certificates of compliance
- Administering permits such as those for canvassers, food truck vendors, burning, etc.
- Processing open records requests
- Providing Notary Public services
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Preparing agendas for the various City boards and commissions
- Maintaining all city records, including:
- Minutes of all official meetings